Hello,
I've been working on a problem in which I want to generate half,
partial, and full round-robin schedules for teams. The half roundrobin
was no problem, and the full can be done by repeating the process and
by checking who was home/away in the first half roundrobin and
flipping it in the second and combining the two for a full.

However, the partial is giving me some trouble. The catch is that I'd
like to keep the home/away either equal if the number of weeks is
even, or 50% of the teams having (floor(n/2) + 1) home games and the
other half having floor(n/2) home games if the number of weeks is
even. Does anybody have a good recommendation on how to go about doing
this? Also, my half RR assignment may be inefficient. I go about it by
assigning the matchups of Team A vs Team B, etc. and then in a second
stage, assigning home/away. Is there a way to simply combine this?

Thanks,
Richard