i got this solution ..
 assuming when  n=1 .... 1st person  will be alive
when n=2    1st person will be alive ,
when n=3     3rd person will be alive
when n=4     1st person will be alive
when n=5   3rd one will be alive
when n=6  5th person will be alive
when n=7  7th one wil be alive
when n=8   1st person will be alive
..............when n=16 1st person will be live
when n=32 1st person will be alive..by this we can conclude that for
n=1,2,4,8,16,32,64 the 1st person will not die...
between this the odd one's will not die..
the sequence will be like
between n=2 and n=4 ..3rd one will not die,
same as between n=4 and n=8   3rd,5th,7th one will not die...
so by filling odd no's between the values for what we getting one we
can find the person who will be alive.....
hence for 2 POWER n  the 1st person will be alive
if anything wrong in this pls correct me..!!!