Knowing The Definition of a Trie Data Structure should be all you need
to know how to implement a trie ADT.  It's a structure where all
the true (key,value) pairs are in the external nodes, and the guide
keys/values are in the internal nodes.  Examples of Trie Data
structures
are B+ Trees, B* Trees, Huffman Coding Trees, PR Quad Trees, PM
QuadTrees, PM Octrees, etc.  For a B+ Tree in particular, all you need
to do
is when you split a leaf (when it becomes full), pick the median of
the leaf and that will be the guide value to the respective split left
and right leafs.
But each leaf and internal node can only contain a maximum of m
children nodes, which is a B+ Tree of order m.