@Nikhil
Once the rabbits are mature, they should be able to produce babies every
month. after 2 months a female produces new babies for first time.
but then they should be able to produce a new pair at the end of the third
month as they can again mate at the end of second month.
Like in the cow problem also, it gave birth to a young one for the first
time at the age of 2 and then every year.
Hope this logic is right.
Then the number of rabbits after one year are 466

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 12:24 PM, ashish kumar <ashishmnnit6...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 233 is the right answer..
>

> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 12:27 PM, shiv narayan
> <narayan.shiv...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> solutions for cow questions:
>> if we consider first cow would she calf at age 2 then first new cow
>> would come at age two.
>> at end of 2nd year: 1st would give new cow:
>> at end of 3rd year:1st cow would another new cow
>> at end of 4th year :1st cow will give new cow and the cow born at end
>> of 2nd year would give another cow
>> at 5th year:          :now of new cows=cow born by(1st+2nd year+3rd
>> year)
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> if you try it this way then you would be able to understad that it
>> would be a reverse fibinacci series( try to analyse by last cow
>> produced by 1st cow)
>> total no of cows would be:  1+1+2+3+5+8+13+21+34+55+89=(sum of first
>> 11 terms of fibinacci series)
>> 232
>>
>> correct me if i am wrong.
>> On Jul 29, 11:15 am, Reynald <reynaldsus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > If a cow produces its first she-calf at age two years and after that
>> > produces another single she-calf every year, how many she-calves are
>> > there after 12 years? assuming none die.
>> >
>> > and a similar one, asked to another guy,
>> >
>> > Suppose a newly-born pair of rabbits, one male, one female, are put in
>> > a field. Rabbits are able to mate at the age of one month so that at
>> > the end of its second month a female can produce another pair of
>> > rabbits. Suppose that our rabbits never die and that the female always
>> > produces one new pair (one male, one female) every month from the
>> > second month on. How many pairs will there be in one year?

> Ashish kumar
> ECE final yr
> MNNIT allahabad

Tushar Bindal