With the binary search we can decide for a value of size of square with reasonable error.. nw to check hw much % fill does that value of size gives..we can implement a dp..or a recursive substitute..
say size of rectangle is 'a' x 'b' and size of square chosen is 'x'..
we hv to fill a grid with squares of size 'x'..so greedily fill the squares across the length of rectangle(subject to N)..
so recursive function wud luk sumthin like dis
F(A,B,a,b,x,N) = gives the % fill = % fill + F(A,Bx,a,b,x,N-(squares filled across length)) where A x B is size of rectangle to fill, axb is maximum size of rectangle, x is size of square we are considering, N is remaining squares we can fill.. base cases wud be wen we cannot fill squares subjected to N = 0 or if A and B dont permit us to..

I hope dis helps mam.

Regards
VM
NSIT, COE, 3rd yr