http://www.serc.iisc.ernet.in/ComputingFacilities/systems/cluster/xlf/html/xlfug/ug35.htm
this says int is always 4 bytes and pointer is 8 bytes on 64 bit compiler.

so how does padding affect these structures because of the difference in
size of int and pointer?

I tried this program
https://ideone.com/CRU6x#view_edit_box
char always gets 4 bytes whenever it has int or double in the same struct
irrrespctive of the order of the declaration of variables.
I thought char should get size 8 when there is a double in the ame struct
whereas it gets size 4 only.
what is the problem here?

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 4:40 AM, Shashank Jain <shashan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i dont understand the diff btw dem, could u plz elaborate?
>
> Shashank Jain
> IIIrd year
> Computer Engineering
> Delhi College of Engineering
>

> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 12:32 AM, Kamakshii Aggarwal <kamakshi...@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> in case of 64 bit,
>> size of second structure will also be 16 not 8
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 11:40 PM, UTKARSH SRIVASTAV <
>> usrivastav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I think voth are just same..................

>>> --
>>> *UTKARSH SRIVASTAV
>>> CSE-3
>>> B-Tech 2nd Year