I am also getting , 5 as answer now. here is what I did.

In any n-ary tree we can add one internal node by adding n-children to any
one of its leaf nodes. This operation creates one internal node and at the
cost one leaf node and adds n new leaf nodes.
L(i) be leaf nodes in a tree with i internal nodes, then
L(i+1) = L(i) + n  - 1
L(0) = 1 , since tree with root node has 0 internal nodes and one leave node
L(i) = L(0) + i*(n-1)
or L(i) = i*(n-1) + 1