@priya  here is algorithm

Algorithm: (With Using Parent Pointer )
1) If right subtree of node is not NULL, then successor  lies in right
subtree. Do following.
Go to right subtree and return the node with minimum key value in right
subtree.
2) If right sbtree of node is NULL, then successor  is one of the ancestors.
Do following.
Travel up using the parent pointer until you see a node which is left child
of it’s parent. The parent of such a node is the successor

If We have already given BST (e.g. need not to build then inorder successor
can be found in O(N) N number of nodes in tree) but it uses parent pointer
overhead :) Can't we do without parent pointer ?

We Can Also Do The .without using parent pointer for detail of both code &
algorithm you can refer

http://shashank7s.blogspot.com/2011/03/wap-to-inorder-successor.html  i have
given complexity analysis as well !!!

Do notify me via mail if anything wrong ?

Thanks
Shashank Mani
Computer Science
Birla Institute of Technology Mesra