As far as a Design Question like this is concerned:

1) Design a base class car

class Car {
String model;
String make;
String carSegment; // SUV, MUV, Sedans, Hatchbacks etc
String seats;
boolean bookingStatus; // Booked or not
public assignToCustomer (String custID) {...}
}

2) Design a class customer

class Customer {
String name;
String custID;

3) Design a class that handles reservationMgmt
class ReservationMgmt {

// Map <String, String> query; // use this to store query params. User may
give more than one search criterias

public List<Car> checkCarAvailability (Date startDate, Date endDate,
Map<String, String> query)
{
... Logic goes here
}

// Now make a reservation using that list retrieved from query
public void makeReservation (List<Car> availableCars)

} // End of class

Then comes a trickier part: Designing a DB Schema for this system (WHICH
customer has reserved WHICH car from WHICH startDate to WHICH endDate),
which should be normalized. (If you design a basic one, the interviewer
expects you to improve it)

*The solution above is a VERY simple one. You can put in all your creativity
to design this.* ;)

*PS. If you really want to make an impression, try using some Design
Patterns (iff applicable to the Problem Statement)*