Hi,

I have a vector<int> A or an array (for C guys) that contains the octal
representation of a number.

So the array can be something like: [1,5,7] or [7,7,5,6,3,4,2] etc

i.e no number in the array can be >= 8.

Now given this array, I need to convert it its decimal representation.

The naive way to do it would be to scan array from left to right, take each
digit, multiply by 8 pow (x) where x is from 0 to ...n and compute sum.

i.e something like:

int oct = 1;
int num = 0;

 for(<array length>){
        num+= oct * A[i];
        oct = oct * 8;
    }

is there a faster way to do this? maybe using some STL container or algorithm. ?

thanks,
sarvesh