I think Heap DS should be used as to delete smallest element jst apply min
heap and delete it and for insertion add the element and apply max or min as
needed Max heap = Min heap both have complexities =O(logn)

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 6:46 PM, priya ramesh <
love.for.programm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A data structure is required for storing a set of integers such that each
> of the following operations can be done in (log n) time, where n is the
> number of elements in the set. Deletion of the smallest element Insertion of
> an element if it is not already present in the set Which of the following
> data structures can be used for this purpose?
>
> ยท  Pick one of the choices
>

> A heap can be used but not a balanced binary search tree
>

> A balanced binary search tree can be used but not a heap
>

> Both balanced binary search tree and heap can be used
>

> Neither balanced binary search tree nor heap can be used

With regards
Puneet Chawla
Computer Engineering Student
NIT Kurukshetra