Hi all,

I need to store a hexadecimal value in C( which would be used as a request
type in a  network) of around 4digits( or 16 bits-2 bytes ) in a packet
structure.If my system keeps 4 bytes for an integers, is it necessary that I
have to declare the hex value as of type short int or so, so that it takes
up only 2 bytes in my packet ? What if it was required to have a hex value
of 3 bytes or so? How could i store it then?
Also if hex value was to be of a multiple of 4 bytes would i need to use
something like an integer array to store them or a float maybe?

thanks!

--
 "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing
- that's why we recommend it daily."