it will be 00.

Bit fields are allocated within an integer from least-significant to
most-significant bit. In the following code

struct mybitfields
{
    unsigned short a : 4;
    unsigned short b : 5;
    unsigned short c : 7;
} test;

int main( void );
{
    test.a = 2;
    test.b = 31;
    test.c = 0;
}

the bits would be arranged as follows:

00000001 11110010
cccccccb bbbbaaaa

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 10:31 AM, kartik sachan <kartik.sac...@gmail.com>wrote:

> @PRATEEK if i make int bit1:2 then it will store 2 bytes
> for example if bit1=4;then out will be 0 or 1
> my question is  it storing number from least significant bit or most
> significant bit???
> suppose for 4 0100 so out will be 00 or 01??

With Regards

Manish Patel
BTech
Computer Science And Engineering
National Institute of Technology -Allahabad