Sukran,

There's a thread I started recently which asks about binary tree
isomorphism. But to sum it all up here, isomorphism refers to "same
structure". Though "isomorphism" is used pretty flexibly w.r.t to binary
trees, here's what I have read from different sources.

- 2 binary trees are isomorphic (or strictly isomorphic) if they have the
same structure, i.e. the same left/right sub-trees. The values of the nodes
themselves can be different.
- 2 binary trees are quasi-isomorphic if either of the trees can be
transformed into the other to become strictly isomorphic. "Transformation"
refers to flipping the left/right sub-trees any number of time.
- 2 binary trees are mirror images of each other if the right-sub tree of
tree 1 is the left sub-tree of tree 2 and the left sub-tree of tree 1 is the
right sub-tree of tree 2, essentially a lateral inversion of a tree is its
mirror image. Note, however that the values of the nodes must match in this
case.

Few people use the term "isomorphic" even if the trees are actually
"quasi-isomorphic".