If you go a bit deeper into the system calls that system makes you will
realize that the argument is actually expanded as "sh -c echo
{abc}{abc}{abc}
The expansion facility is provided by bash but not sh.(You may verify my
claim)
The default shell is bash.*switch to sh mode and you will realize whats
happening.*

Saurabh Singh
B.Tech (Computer Science)
MNNIT ALLAHABAD