thanks a lot dave for clarification :) but this is there any
possibility to find max of 2 no.s using those instructions
alone(assuming contents of registers are +ve ) ?

I found a solution finding difference of 2 no.s (SUB is required) and
checking for the whether a-b is +ve or -ve using '&' and SHR
operator....Is there any possibility with these instructions?