This depends on rnd being a good pseudo-random generator. I don't
suggest using the RNG built into many compilers. Instead use something
like the Mersenne Twister which produces much better results with an
extremely long period. My Random class has a "gen" method which
returns an integer in the range 0..n-1.

int *shuffle(int n)
{
  int *result = (int *)malloc(n * sizeof(int));
  result[0] = 0;
  for(int i = 1; i < n; ++i)
  {
    int j = rnd.gen(i+1);