The global and the static variables are stored in the data section.....
But the only legitimate answer that comes to my mind is that the makers
believed there language will be used by smart coders so they left it for the
programmers to fix.
While the java makers believed somewhat different so they have restrictions
on initialization.
In the object code produced from a c code the defining of a variable is
simply decreasing the value of stack pointer by one...The value that
remained on the stack earlier is not tempered which mortals call as garbage
value......

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:05 PM, tech rascal <techrascal...@gmail.com>wrote:

Saurabh Singh
B.Tech (Computer Science)