in code bellow you declare main because any executable needs an
entrypoint you cannot fake that
anyway, it doesn't use main at all to invoke those functions.

http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/archives/14538

#include<stdio.h>

/* Apply the constructor attribute to myStartupFun() so that it
    is executed before main() */
void myStartupFun (void) __attribute__ ((constructor));

/* Apply the destructor attribute to myCleanupFun() so that it
   is executed after main() */
void myCleanupFun (void) __attribute__ ((destructor));

/* implementation of myStartupFun */
void myStartupFun (void)
{
    printf ("startup code before main()\n");
}

/* implementation of myCleanupFun */
void myCleanupFun (void)
{
    printf ("cleanup code after main()\n");
}

int main (void)
{
    printf ("hello\n");
    return 0;
}

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 1:51 PM, cegprakash <cegprak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is it possible to print something without a main function??
> I wonder how the code won't get any compile error

Hatta