and why is that related to algorithms anyway?

from [1]

"""
To further highlight the difference between a problem and an instance,
consider the following instance of the decision version of the
traveling salesman problem: Is there a route of length at most 2000
kilometres passing through all of Germany's 15 largest cities? The
answer to this particular problem instance is of little use for
solving other instances of the problem, such as asking for a round
trip through all sites in Milan whose total length is at most 10 km.
For this reason, complexity theory addresses computational problems
and not particular problem instances.
"""

if you're lazy and can't read through that's what I mean:

"""
(...) For this reason, complexity theory addresses computational
problems and not particular problem instances.
"""

this is a problem instance and we're not interested in problem instances.

[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computational_complexity_theory#Computational_problems

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:05 AM, 9ight coder <9ightco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A family has several children. every boy has as many brothers as
> sisters. Every gal has twice as many brothers as sisters. How many
> childrens are there in family?????????????????????????

Hatta