I'm not sure if I got the question correct.

How about change the address of stack to point to top and then
modify the push,pop functions to retrieve values as

push(int a){
    stack[--top] = a;
}

int pop(){
    return (stack[a++]);
}

I know there is serious limitation of not able to add elements without
removal, and the
size of the stack is limited by no. of elements before the modification.

this is an idea, but we are not working on data, so, not sure if this is
acceptable.