This is a challenge problem
and you don't need to find a best solution for each case, optimal
solutions are acceptable if they satisfy the problem constraints
for this problem the constraint is cuts should be made so that both
are able to eat equal no of each available ingredient

Examples:
Lets take the last testcase

8
500 400 2 400 500 500 2 500

in this testcase as you can see if cuts are made like
500 400 2 | 400 | 500 |  500 2 500
Jack          | Jill   | Jack|        Jill
so using only 3 cuts we can divide this so that both get same and
equal no of each type of available ingredients

Scoring for this problem is done depending upon how many cuts your
program outputs relative to others

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:17 PM, shady <sinv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Can anyone what is being done here ? This is a
> question http://www.codechef.com/JAN11/problems/SPLIT/ from Codechef. I have
> read the editorials, but that didn't help.
> http://www.codechef.com/download/Solutions/2011/January/Setter/Split.cpp

Sunny Aggrawal
B.Tech. V year,CSI
Indian Institute Of Technology,Roorkee