On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 4:05 PM, shady <sinv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> you can't do binary search with linked lists.

Yes you can do the binary search on the linked list.
But the only difference it makes from the array is that array elements can
be accessed in O(1) time and finding the mid in array is O(1) where it is
not possible with (1) on linked list. Yes you can find mid but that will be
expensive than array.

> On Nov 17, 1:14 pm, Vijay Khandar <vijaykhand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Linked lists are not suitable data structures of which one of the
> > following problems?
> > a) Insertion sort
> > b) Binary search
> > c) Radix sort
> > d) Polynomial manipulation
> >
> > Plz explain anyone in detail............

Thanks and Regards,
Sumit Mahamuni.

-- Slow code that scales better can be faster than fast code that doesn't
scale!
-- Tough times never lasts, but tough people do.
-- I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -
D. Adams