Maybe you'll need to tighten up the problem to make it interesting.
By your description you could just go all the way up and all the way
down in each column and pick up all the apples and then make a move to
the right and do the same thing in that column and so on until you get
to the destination column.  Enter that one at the top or bottom,
whichever is farthest the goal, and then move to the goal. You'll get
all the apples in all the columns between and including start and goal
columns.

Maybe you mean you can go northeast, east, and southeast only?  That
way it's a DP.

Or maybe you mean that you're not allowed to visit the same square
twice?  That would also be interesting (and harder)!