@ SAMM..

The following might work, but would need verification..

Below solution is for a generic no. of elements.
In your case its 4.
Lets represent 4 by R.

Lets take a 2-dim array named A, to store the intermediate values..

Now, X ( A[i, j] , p ) basically means whether given the first 'i'
elements  is it possible to make a sum of 'j' using only 'p' elements
from the first 'i' elements.

The recurrence equation would be:
X( A[i, j], p ) = X( A[i - 1, j], p )   ||   X( A[i - 1, j - A[i]] , p
- 1) ;

The value of X( A[i,j], p) will be reflected by A[i,j]

Value of 0 means not possible and a value of 1 means possible.

The base conditions would be:
X( A[i, 0] , 0) = 1;
X( A[i, 0] ,  > 0) = 0;
X( A[i, j],   0) = 0;

If X( A[N, K], 4) = 1, then we can backtrack and get the required nos.

// I think we can make 'p' part of array A as follows:
// A[N][K][1] .. the last index [1] can be used to store the count..

O(N*K) time and O(N*K) space..

Let me know if it helps...