we might implement it using recursive calls where once found..the node is
printed and true is returned and if leaf is reached...false is
returned....all the function calls getting true will again print and return
true...and false will just return false without printing...this way we can
print only nodes which are in path from root to target node...i can assume
it to be a simple binary seach tree...

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM, top coder <topcode...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Suppose you have a tree. A binary tree (for something like
> simplicity :p). You are traversing it (using infix, postfix or prefix)
> to search for a node. You find your required node. You just realized
> that you need to know the path from this node back to the root node
> (and/or vice versa). Given the following description of the structure
> of the tree node that you “cant” change:
>
> struct node{Data data; node *right,*left;};
>
> what will you strategy be to tackle this problem.
>
> To make it more intresting (or maybe just the application of the above
> problem) suppose you find the node A and a node B in consecutive
> searches. Now what will your strategy be to show a path from A to B.
> (not neccesarily from the root of the whole tree, but possibly).

Thanks & Regards
Abhishek Gupta
BITS, Pilani