I think this may works . needs verification.

For the given array (3 5 2 5 2)
For +ve number (N) take the sum from 1 to N .
For -ve number (N) take the sum from -1 to N .
And take take the cumulative sum ... For this array it comes 42 .
Similarly check the sum for the second array . If it is same then we r done .

On 1/3/12, atul anand <atul.87fri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are two arrays.
> int arr1[5] = { 3, 5, 2, 5, 2}
> int arr2[5] = { 2, 3, 5, 5, 2}
> The arrays will be called similar if they contain same number of elements
> equally.
> Write the pseudo code to check this ?
> not allowed to use sorting and hashtable.
>
> naive approach O(n^2)
>
> NOTE: Xoring , sum wont work.
>
> we can use O(n) space , using index as elements in the array. but if it has
> negative number then it will fail for eg arr1 has -1,...  and arr2 has
> 1,.....

Somnath Singh