@Arun

If you read the post in which i have explained the process properly,
the following is also present:

while(1)
{
If x <= min (b,d ),
/* here b is nothing but the element placed next to 'x' on the same
row..
  d is the element placed right below 'x' in the same column...
 then we are done...*/
       break;
else
   swap ('x', min (b,d))
}

If you see in the comments i have mentioned that b and d are not
exactly the same b and d as shown in the matrix.. but they are current
right and current bottom elements of 'x'..
Hence, the swaps go on till the condition " x <= min (b,d ) " is not
satisfied..