For each group (either a row, column, or square) keep track of what
values it still needs.
For each cell, if there is exactly one value needed by its row,
column, and square, assign that value and update the needed values for
the row, column, and square.
Repeat until there is nothing more you can do with that method.
Now, for each group, look at each value that it needs and determine
where that value could be placed. If there is exactly one place where
it could go, assign it there and update row, column, and square.
If you get to the point where none of these methods succeed, you have
to guess. Pick the cell with the smallest number of possible values.
Plug them in one by one and try to solve from there. If it leads to a
contradiction, back that guess out and try another.
I think I posted code which does this a few months back. You can
search for it if you are interested.
Don