Think #define as a simple text substitution macro.

Assume you are the preprocessor. Copy/paste the exact code for the macro
into the places where your program tried to use and then replace the macro
parameters with the arguments that you used to invoke the macro.

The advantage of a macro is that it can be type-neutral (also disadvantage
sometimes ), and it is inlined directly into the code, so there is not  any
function call overhead.

correct me if am wrong............ :D

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 5:32 AM, rahul sharma <rahul23111...@gmail.com>wrote:

> swap(a,b,c) c t;t=a;a=b;b=t;
>

> int main()
> {
> int g=1,h=2;
> swap(g,h,int);
> }
>
> how the actual values are replace???
> a and b are replaced with g and h....actual are replace..can somebody tell
> me expanded source code???

 Sharad Dixit
 B.Tech(IT)
 Indian Institute of Information Technology ,Allahabad