i think it can be solved using DP
word="bcdf"  take hash of word h[b]=1 h[c]=2 h[d]=3 h[f]=4
given 2d matrix m[][]=
{b c b e f g h
 b c d f p o u
 d f  d f g k p  }

take another matrix match[][]
if( h[ m[i][j] ] > 0 )           //if this char is in word then
{a=h[ m[i][j] ];
if (match[i-1][j] ==a-1 || match[][]=a-1 || match[][]=a-1 )        check
prev element of row / diagonal /column
match[i][j]=a;
}
else if char is not matched, then match[i][j] will contain longest prefix
match(as in KMP).
if at any instance we get match[i][j]==no. of chars in word then we will
backtrack it to get the string.
correct me if i'm wrong !!

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM, atul anand <atul.87fri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i did this question long time back....
> well simple brute force check can be done....you can keep one flag
> matrix of same size to avoid necessary recursion.
>

> On 6/6/12, Ashish Goel <ashg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > WAP to find a word in a 2D array. The word can be formed on
> > row/col/diagnal/reverse diagnal
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Ashish Goel
> > "Think positive and find fuel in failure"
> > +919985813081
> > +919966006652

Utsav Sharma,
NIT Allahabad