Hello Dear..

  This Age Old question is Still Haunting Ppls.. In fact this ain't a
question at all.. this Should be known while we start writing first of the
C/C++ programming..

Well.. Just to make some ppls Life easier here it goes AGAIN..

++i=++0=1 so it will be one..
Now as OR means. either of the half must not be 0 and so || says, I hv got
statement true (Which in case of OR is NOT EQUAL TO 1 by evaluating left
portion only)
So. OR Says well, I got wat I wan't  Don't need to check the other
expression and so it won't execute.

At that instance the value of the variable are
i as I said becomes 1
j and k no execution and
x is assigned to 1 as the total expression evaluates as success ( Remember
Success means 1 and it not the value of i which is assigned to x )

and so the output will follow as it is.

Prem