@Gupta: You haven't defined the problem sufficiently.

What type of scale do we have, a balance scale or one that gives a numeric
reading?

Do we know x, y, a, and b, or are you just saying that one set of three
coins weigh the same, another set of three also weigh the same but have
different weight that the first set, and the remaining two weigh different
amounts than each other and the two sets?

Is there any known relationship between x, y, a, and b? We can assume
without loss of generality that x < y and a < b, but what about the
relationships between x and a, x and b, y and a, and y and b? Knowing more
will allow a solution with fewer weighings than knowing less.

Dave