if you meant to calculate the E[x] for [HT,TH,TT]. It can be solvable but
very lengthy/boring.

I shall give you an example which should help you.

Let E[X] = x be the expected no. of coin flips to get [HT]

1) if first flip is a tail, we have wasted one flip hence. E[X1] = 1/2*(1+x)
2) if first flip is a head, and second flip is a head, hence E[X2] =
1/4*(1+1+x)
3) if first flip is a head and second flip is a tail, we are done then.
hence E[X3] = 1/4*(1+1)
We have,

E[X] = E[X1] + E[X2] + E[X3]

Solve x here.

The same approach you can apply to solve the above problem. I really don't
have time to do that for you. Please help yourself.

Thanks
--
Amitesh Singh