As I understand it, it is the subset sum problem which is known to be
NP-Complete.
The known algorithms to solve the problems take exponential time to solve
the problem. 'Meet in the middle' algorithm is one of the efficient ones.
A polynomial time approximate algorithm is available for solving the
problem. Refer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subset_sum_problem#Polynomial_time_approximate_algorithm

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 9:41 AM, pankajsingh <psingh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> it wud give u continuous...subarray...if u want non continuous..question
> shud be subsequence...and for that u need to all combination O(n^20..which
> is offcourse bruteforce...

Regards
Bharat Singhvi
M.Tech Final Year,
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering,
IIT Bombay.