@rahul In Standard C you cant define a function inside another function but
you can declare a function inside another function. (so the function can be
defined outside the function).
Eg:-
#include<stdio.h>
void abc()
{
    printf("bac");
    void abf();
    abf();
}

void abf()
{
    printf("bas");
    getchar();
}

int main()
{
    abc();
    getchar();
}

coming to Gcc has a language extension that allows nested functions. so
this is entirely compiler dependent.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:39 PM, kranthi kumar <damarlakran...@gmail.com>wrote:

> In C, there is no difference between rules for declaring and defining
> function and variable. So we can define the functions inside another
> function, but their scope is limited to that function only,
> In this example abf() is local function to abc(), it can't be
> accessed outside environment.
>

> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM, rahul sharma <rahul23111...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Guys i have read that we cant define function in another function in c
>> Then why this followung program running fine on gcc
>>
>> #include<stdio.h>
>>     void abc()
>>     {
>>          printf("bac");