if u have seen the iostream file then it begins like this:-

#include <bits/c++config.h>
#include <ostream>
#include <istream>
*
*
*namespace std *
{
  /**
   *  @name Standard Stream Objects
   *
   *  The &lt;iostream&gt; header declares the eight <em>standard stream
   *  objects</em>.  For other declarations, see
   *  http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/27_io/howto.html#10 and the
   *  @link s27_2_iosfwd I/O forward declarations @endlink
   *
   *  They are required by default to cooperate with the global C library's
   *  @c FILE streams, and to be available during program startup and
   *  termination.  For more information, see the HOWTO linked to above.
  */
  //@{
  extern istream cin; ///< Linked to standard input
  extern ostream cout; ///< Linked to standard output
  extern ostream cerr; ///< Linked to standard error (unbuffered)

The new implementation is done in C# format. So we use the term "using" to
include the iostream "package".

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM, rahul sharma <rahul23111...@gmail.com>wrote:

> using name space std
>
> Please explain about this