Hi Tille,

You're not a bad programmer.  Contests don't mean jack shit.  My advice is
to spend more time creating and less time competing.  If you like
competing, remember that it's just for fun.

So what to do now?  Build something!  Put your skills and your imagination
towards creating something new.  You can also get involved with open-source
projects that you are interested in.

Professional programming is about making careful considerations and
planning for the future. You are an architect and a surgeon.  Yes, there
are deadlines, but there are methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban to help
you create accurate estimates.  Be aware though, there are always
unforeseen issues and changes to requirements that you cannot possibly plan
for.  The challenge is to be precise when you can, and know immediately
when you can't.

Take a step back and get some perspective.  You are what you walk between,
and that for you is programming on thing or another. I have been
programming since the commodore 24.  I have failed, been good enough, and
sometimes excellent.  I very seldom think on my successes as a software
engineer.  I am more consumed by my failures and mistakes and the lessons
that I need to draw from those experiences.  If I see patterns beginning to
resemble something that has tanked in the past, If I find myself making
mistakes that I have already repeated, I know I have the experience to
correct the situation.

But your own failures are war wounds; they leave scars.  What failures and
mistakes do you see around you everyday?  Every moment that you spend
looking out from your eyes, is a moment to take control of your potential
energy and and convert it to something kinetic.

If you want to do better at contests.  Start cataloguing your fears, you
shortcomings. and your success. Take a solid look at your strengths and
weaknesses, track them (create a spreadsheet maybe.)