Here is a fairly simple way to find a solution.

Make a list of each pair of the n cards which have been selected. This list
can include up to 300 pairs. Represent each card as a 10-bit value where
each bit represents one particular color or value. Thus, each card will
have two bits set. Each pair is the bitwise XOR (^) of the values of the
card, indicating which hints will distinguish those two cards. Now try all
1024 possible combinations of hints by iterating i from 0 to 1023. If the
bitwise AND (&) of i with any value in the pair list is zero, that
combination of hints would not distinguish those cards. So a valid
combination of hints has a non-zero bitwise AND with all values in the
pairs list. Find the value of i with the fewest bits which meets this
condition.

Don