From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:39 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] Olympus LS-P4 Recorder

Neal's talking about the LS-P2 isn't he and not the P4? I've no idea how
similar or different these machines are.

I did think about purchasing the LS-P2 as Ferguson Enterprises had it on sale.

I originally wanted to purchase a LS-14 but that model is now discontinued as
we all know.

A friend advised me of a local Olympus dealer who he thought had the
LS-14 in stock as it was listed on the web page.

Unfortunately that web page listing was out of date so the dealer asked me if
I'd like to purchase the LS-P4 which - according to Olympus Australia - is the
replacement model for the LS-14.

One can only hope that there are improvements at the very least with the
LS-P4 over the LS-p2.

One thing I did notice which is interesting, if you have a Bluetooth speaker
connected to the LS-P4 and you have the recorder set to record using FLAC then
the recorder will change to PCM mode for recording for whatever reason but no
need to panic as the LS-P4 does indeed warn you that the mode has changed when
you go into "Record Standby" mode.

--

"A dog is a good thing to have around a house and so is a fence"

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#501): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/message/501
View All Messages In Topic (2): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/topic/16777022