I have no idea. But that's an interesting project/investigation. I'd be
curious to know if you find something satisfactory.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Aman
Singer
Sent: May 22, 2018 9:29 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] low latency sound transmission over TCP-IP

Hi all,

                I am after a method by which low latency audio (under 40
milliseconds, can be transmitted over a TCP-IP network between operating
systems. By 40 MS, I mean from the input on one machine to the output of
another, I have already built in some margin for latency added outside the
network transfer. I've found a few solutions but none check all the boxes.
What I'm after, besides low latency, is stereo transmission and the ability
to accessibly send and receive on Windows 7, 10, Linux, and possibly Android
without using a cloud server or anything else outside the local network. The
solutions I've found are these:

1.       Soundwire, works very well, low latency, but only receives on
Android. Though it can send from Linux and Windows, it can only be received
on an android device.

2.       Mumble, the latency is fine but it's mono only, it sounds like the
left channel. Also, the android app is not accessible.

3.       TRX, is only for Linux.

4.       Opus over SIP. I have hopes for this but am not able to find a good
SIP client for all three operating systems (Win/Linux/Android).

5.       TeamTalk, Android app is not usable from the keyboard so far as I
know.

6.       Dante, too expensive and requires Ethernet, I think.

If anyone has any ideas or corrections, I would be most grateful. I think I
want the impossible, but I'm used to that, and will make the compromises if
I must.

Aman

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#778): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/message/778