What OS is this person on? Yes Windows Media Player will and I found it the easyest DVD player. Too bad Microsoft never made it play Blu-ray. Also if this person is on Win 7, they will still have Windows Media Center which is cool for this too. Note you may have to turn JAWS off. So yes you'll have to use Narator.

On 5/23/2018 9:46 AM, JM Casey wrote:
Winamp will not play DVDs like that.

You are indeed seeing the folder structure of the DVD. You might be able to
play the individual files if they are not encrypted, but I think on most
commercial DVDs, they would be, and anyway, this is not a very convenient way
to play anything as there is no chapter/title selection, and it certainly
wouldn't play automatically.

I recommend getting VLC for this purpose. I think some versions of Windows
media Player will do this too, but not all of them. I have never liked WMP so
never used it for anything, so someone else on the list will have to chime in
about that.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Donald L.
Roberts
Sent: May 22, 2018 2:50 PM
To: all-audio
Subject: [all-audio] Playing DVDs on a Windows PC

For some reason which I do not understand, commercial DVDs do not start playing
automatically when I insert them into the DVD drive on my PC. In fact, I can’t
get them to play at all. I had thought I set Winamp to play these but may be
wrong about this. When I launch a DVD, if I check the properties, I see that
there is a Video TS folder and sometimes an Audio TS folder.

So please tell me what is likely wrong and how to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Don Roberts

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#793): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/message/793