Hi,

        I have had some experience with these applications and am not
particularly happy with any of them. Whether you will be, I think, depends upon
what you'd like to do and the extent to which you want to use advanced features.
        As for Plex, it's usable, but that's all that can be said. There are
many unlabeled links in the windows web-based application, the Android app is a
pain both because of lack of labelling and because it seems to have keyboard
issues over and above those in Android more generally, and I haven't tried the
IOS app. I can, on the windows/web version, scan for channels, watch them, and
use the program guide in a sense, but it is not quick or easy to do. Note that
I have only used Plex to try to access a TV tuner with their premium product, I
prefer to use other media players to play my own offline content and, given
Plex's accessibility issues, I wouldn't use it as a cloud media player even if
I wanted such a player. Note also that I am not able to access closed
captioning at all.
        I've also tried next PVR, but it is almost useless. The keyboard
shortcuts only work to do a few things, the window is not accessible at all and
the EPG is not usable. There is no access to closed captioning.
        I haven't tried WinTV's stuff recently, but when I tried it some years
ago, it was hopeless unless all you wanted to do was to change channels.
        I'm honestly not sure of any decent application for any operating
system which will give access to over-the-air or cable broadcasts. I would
appreciate any correction or suggestions, and am sorry to be of so little help.
Aman