Hi,
The station received in Waggin is a 50KW station and is I think the most
powerful transmitting on the 558KHZ frequency in Australia.
Commercial stations here transmit anywhere between 2000 and 10000 watts whilst
the ABC usually use 50000 watt transmitters.
ABC Waggin came in well early this morning as we have heard and it very rarely
comes in that well because of the other trash on the 558KHZ frequency, I had to
be careful to orientate the radio in just the right way.
A testament I think to Bob Crane and the design of the CC 2E radio which - in
my opinion - is worth every dollar not only for the sensitivity and selectivity
of the receiving circuit but the build quality and excellent audio
characteristics.