Yeah I've wandered about that. I wander if like some Toshiba lap tops or something you sort of kind of could just be carefull of where you touch? Or as in most cases it's the volume I think it's like the Nanno IPods. Again I wander too. I haven't asked because I've not known someone blind that has these kinda headphones as of yet.