Hello Andy,

It would be useful if you provided the youtube link rather than a send space
link. As I don’t have a send space account it demands I sign up.

Just a note about the Shure mics be very careful with them. There are a lot of
counterfeit  versions. See this link:

https://www.liveabout.com/spotting-a-fake-shure-microphone-1817723

As for the best mic. There is no such thing as the best mic. Because you would
need the best pub as well. Every room is different, you add or take a chair
away from that room or another person enters and the acoustics change. It
really is down to price point. There are dedicated mics for drums, guitars etc.
It also depends upon how much post processing you want to do. You need very
good pre-amps that done’t introduce noise. Dynamic mics tend to give a low
output so you have to crank up the pre-amp and the more you do that the more
hiss and other noises are introduced into the recording. However, using a noise
gate most of this is removed.

Regards,

Gena

Gena