Hello,

You are working with 2 lossy formats. You should convert to wav or another
lossless format make your cuts etc then convert to mp3. Because you might not
know it but this is what switch would have been doing in the background. I am
guessing that something wasn’t carried across to the mp3 file. This will cut
down on the number of downward conversions. Which is important because each
conversion further detail is lost, hence their name lossy formats.

HTH

Gena
> On 3 Jun 2020, at 21:14, Tom Kaufman <tomca...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Hello list:  Am attempting to convert an MP4 file to MP3; here's what is
> happening: I am using the program Switch to convert this MP4 file to an MP3
> file, so I then can running it through MP3 Direct Cut to trim some parts
> off!  However, while I have managed to convert to MP3, then I find I have no
> file.at least, the file isn't playing in Winamp; nor will it play in MP3
> Direct Cut!  What is it I am missing?  An doing this for a friend who needs
> this, so am hoping I can get a solution to this one!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom Kaufman

Gena

Call: M0EBP