Hello,

I am guessing it is a Radio Frequency issue. Your wireless headsets transmit at
a frequency that either matches or is a harmonic of that frequency of your
radio station and the radio is dutifully playing what is transmitted on that
frequency.. As they are wireless devices you cannot add chokes or filters to
them. You could try ferrite chokes on the radio but I suspect that it is the
radio's antenna picking up the headset signal. So you could try a number of
things to separate the 2 devices. Use an external antenna for the radio. Put a
large amount of metal between the radio and headset creating a Faraday cage so
that the headset signal cannot reach the radio's antenna. See if the headsets
have an alternative frequency that they use. Or encourage your wife to use a
wired set of headphones.
 At least to test the hypothesis. If so, and that station is on 780MHZ then you
'll have to look for a different set of wireless headsets that don't use the
same frequency that the existing ones do.

HTH

Gena
> On 31 Jul 2020, at 03:47, Morey Worthington <worthing...@wi.rr.com> wrote:
>
> Evening all.
>
> This is a audio related  question, but has to do with a certain radio station
> and a  wireless cell phone.
>

> I live North of Chicago Il.  and listen to a ceertain powerful all news
> station on AM (WBBM 780). We have a phone answering system with 3 wireless
> headsets.
>
> If If I am listening to the Chicago station and the phone starts ringing,
> usually for the wife, a loud whisteling noise happens and stays there till
> the call is finished. This only happens on this one station . I have tried
> unplugging radio, the phone system, but no change. If I change the radio
> station to another, all is well. I have tried moving the direction of radio,
> it is a digital one, with nothing any different.
>
> I am really sorry to ask this group about my issue, but it is audio related.
> If not for this group, can someone , maybe, give me direction on where to
> turn??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Morey Worthington

Georgina