Yes, they are very smart creatures.
In the U.S., we have ravens and crows.  They sound somewhat similar.
Crows are very common around here, both in urban and rural settings.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2020 9:00 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] A Few Recordings with my Parabolic System

I must say the crows in your area sound a lot different to ours, I think the
proper name for our crows is Ravens? Anyway I'll go out into the yard and
see if I can capture some.
Problem with our crows is that when you want to capture them they're not
around and conversely when you want some peace and quiet a whole heap of the
damn things turn up <smile>.