Good enough, Tom.  That gives me a good idea of what it is. Don't know if it would be right for me, but it sure has its place.  Thanks.

Howard

On 12/30/2021 5:46 PM, JM Casey wrote:
I didn't think the switch adjusted volume 9that's pretty much doneo n the PC
end in this case) but the directionality of the mic. You were supposed to be
able to essentailly turn it into a unidirectional style mic, which would
actually have been very useful, however mine also doesn't include the switch,
and since I live alone in an apartment that I can generally make pretty quiet,
it's not a big deal for podcasting.
I woudlnt' use it as a substitute for a studio mic, which is what you should
use to record music.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Kaufman
Sent: December 30, 2021 06:16 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] USB microphone

Howard:  I don't know that my description will be completely accurate, but here
goes: the mic itself is shaped much like a ball; don't know what type of material
it's made out of, but it'd be something (not that I ever would want to have to do
it) but you could club someone over the head with that thing and put their lights
out!  It has legs that unfold and set it up like a desk mic (don't know the
dimensions) it is a USB mic; something that I have found out recently could be a
"not-so-good thing if you plan to record music with it, due to the way it works
with latency!  But if you're going to do voice chatting, it works very well in my
opinion!  Now the model I have (and I really don't have a model number) but it has
no buttons on it (I know that they make one (or maybe used to )that had either a
button or switch that adjusted the volume of the mic.  However, this one I have does
not work in this way!  So I hope that my description gives you some idea of what
this thing looks like and how it works!
Tom Kaufman